Typically I scroll by means of the rabokki hashtag on Tiktok to see how different folks make their rabokki.
Inevitably I get hungry, and ask Mike if he needs to share so I don’t really feel so responsible consuming an enormous quantity of carbs when most individuals are comfortable in mattress. All the time so value it although!
Rabokki is a well-liked Korean road meals that’s ramen and tteokbokki in a single dish. Ramen and rice muffins is carb on carb motion and I’m right here for it.
Ramen + tteokbokki = rabokki!
Typically it’s referred to as rapokki as nicely. It’s a candy and spicy, tremendous savory scrumptious dish, good for warming up with and a fast satisfying meal.
The mixture of prompt noodles, Korean rice muffins, and savory spicy-sweet sauce comes collectively extremely shortly so it’s nice once you’re craving one thing spicy, filling, and scrumptious. It goes superior with beer and late night time rabokki is considered one of my favourite late night time treats, particularly with cheese. The slurpy noodles, chewy rice muffins, and spice are a match made in heaven.
Rabokki is extremely fashionable, each as road meals and as a simple meal you may make at house. They even have Costco rabokki!
Methods to make rabokki from scratch
- Make the sauce. In a small bowl, combine collectively gochujang, sugar, soy sauce, minced garlic, and a little bit of gochugaru.
- Simmer the soup with the rice muffins. Add the sauce with the rice muffins to a pot of water and convey to a simmer.
- Cook dinner the ramen. When the rice muffins are smooth and chewy, add the ramen and prepare dinner it. In the event you like, add some Korean fish muffins.
- Prime and serve! Serve all the pieces up topped with scallions and perhaps a boiled egg and a few cheese!
Methods to make prompt rabokki
- Make the soup. Open up the moment seasoning packet and add it to a pot with 2 cups water and convey to a simmer.
- Make the “rice muffins.” Flippantly soak a chunk of rice paper in heat water and tightly roll up. Minimize it into 2-3 inch items. Repeat with yet one more piece of rice paper.
- Cook dinner the noodles. Add the noodles to the soup and prepare dinner for two minutes. Add your do-it-yourself rice muffins and simmer for 1 extra minute.
- Get pleasure from! Prime with toasted sesame seeds, scallions, and a slice of cheese and luxuriate in!
- On the spot ramen. You want the noodles from an prompt ramen pack, however not the seasoning pack. I like utilizing Shin Ramyun noodles as a result of they’re thick and chewy.
- Korean tteokbokki rice muffins. Yow will discover Korean rice muffins freshly made, packaged within the refrigerated part, or frozen within the freezer aisles at a Korean grocery retailer. In the event you can’t make it to the Korean grocery retailer, I’ve a tteokbokki substitute for you!
- Gochujang. A spicy Korean sauce. It’s savory, candy, spicy thick fermented paste created from chili powder and sticky rice. It provides candy and warmth and a ton of taste. Historically it is available in tubs, however as of late you could find it in handy squeeze bottles within the Asian aisle of actually any grocery retailer.
- Gochugaru. Korean chili flakes. Korean chili flakes are fruity, candy, smoky, solar dried brilliant crimson flakes. They’re not too spicy and their warmth is light and scrumptious. I all the time purchase coarse gochugaru which appears like flaky sea salt. They normally come labeled with gentle, medium, or sizzling, so you should buy them based on your spice desire. https://amzn.to/3sMzY6e
- Sugar, garlic, soy sauce. A little bit of sugar makes the sauce candy, garlic provides successful of uncooked spiciness, and the soy sauce provides umami and salt.
Is rabokki spicy?
It actually is determined by your spice tolerance. I might say they’re a little bit bit on the spicy aspect however they’re additionally a contact candy. In the event you add cheese that helps reduce the spice too. They’re spicy in an addictive means! In the event you like spicy, sizzling meals, they gained’t be too spicy for you and you may all the time regulate the sauce to regulate on your spice stage.
What’s the greatest prompt ramen for rabokki?
You’re simply going to be utilizing the ramen and never the spice pack (except you’re making prompt rabokki) so the flavour doesn’t matter a lot, however when you’re going to be making the simple model of rabokki, I like to recommend both Nong Shim Shin Ramyun Black for normal spice or Samyang Buldak when you’re a spice fiend.
The place to purchase Korean rice muffins
Yow will discover tteokbokki rice muffins at Korean markets. They’ll normally come freshly made by the shop, commercially made contemporary and packaged, or frozen. If you may get ones which are contemporary, they’re the best choice, however packaged and frozen are good too.
Korean rice cake substitute
In the event you can’t make it to the Korean grocery retailer, I’ve the right rice cake hack for you. All you want is Vietnamese rice paper. They promote rice paper at most grocery shops within the Asian aisle. Simply soak the rice paper, roll it up tightly, await minute after which slice them into rice cake lengths. Not the identical as tteokbokki however a extremely good sub!
- Place some heat water in a shallow bowl.
- Flippantly soak the rice paper.
- Place the rice paper on a chopping board and roll it up tightly.
- Slice the rolled rice paper into 2-3 inch lengths.
- Use the rice rolls in your rabokki.
Toppings make the rabokki! You’ll be able to preserve it easy with simply ramen and tteokbokki or you may all all of the mix-ins and toppings for a brilliant luxe and filling rabokki.
- Onions – Add some onions to the combination, they add sweetness and onion vibes.
- Cabbage – if you need a little bit little bit of well being, add sliced cabbage once you’re simmering all the pieces collectively. The crunch and softness are good with the spicy sauce.
- Dumplings – Go wild and add some mandu/Korean dumplings for an additional filling rabokki.
- Fish muffins – add sliced Korean fish muffins when you’re simmering the ramen and tteokbokki.
- Scallions – a sprinkle of sliced scallions add freshness.
- Eggs – smooth or onerous boiled eggs add some protein and are so good within the sauce.
- Cheese – melted cheese is AMAZING on rabokki. Go for a basic American slice or mozzarella, one thing tremendous melty for cheese pulls.
- Toasted sesame seeds – provides a pleasant nuttiness
- Seaweed – provides crunch and saltiness
I hope you take pleasure in! I do know what my subsequent meal is…
Rabokki without end, xoxo
Rabokki is prompt noodles, rice muffins, and spicy-sweet sauce that is nice once you’re craving one thing spicy, filling, and scrumptious.
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp gochugaru
- 8 items tteokbokki tteok
- 1 package deal prompt ramen Korean model most well-liked
1 package deal spicy Korean prompt ramen
2 items rice paper
In a pot, add the spice packet to 2 cups water. Convey to a simmer over medium excessive warmth.
Whereas the soup is coming to a simmer, make the rice muffins. Place some heat water in a shallow bowl and calmly soak the rice paper. Place the rice paper on a chopping board and roll it up tightly. Slice the rolled rice paper into 2-3 inch lengths.
When the water is boiling, add the rice paper rolls and the noodles. Cook dinner the noodles based on the package deal instructions.
Scoop all the pieces out right into a bowl and prime with toasted sesame seeds and scallions. Add further toppings as desired. Get pleasure from!
Estimated vitamin doesn’t embody prompt noodles of selection.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy from Fats 36
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 0.01g0%
Ldl cholesterol 0.01mg0%
* P.c Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food plan.