Tremendous tacky, comforting, creamy Korean corn cheese is one thing I wish to eat all day, every single day!
If you happen to’ve been to Korean BBQ or out for Korean meals and drinks, I’m certain you’ve come throughout Korean corn cheese. That gloriously golden, tacky, stringy, sizzling, and scrumptious mess of candy corn and cheese served in a skillet or somewhat particular dish across the grill. It’s candy, salty, creamy, gooey, and SO scrumptious. And the perfect half is that it’s the best facet dish to place collectively.
What’s corn cheese 콘치즈?
Corn cheese is the perfect KBBQ facet dish, combat me! I really like melty cheese and I really like corn and the mixture is simply out of this world. Basically it’s a mix of canned corn, butter, mayo, sugar, and cheese baked up till golden and heat. It’s a traditional Korean anju or ingesting meals. You simply scoop it out with a spoon and pop the deliciousness into your mouth. It’s like fondue however with bits of candy corn in it: candy, savory, and tacky.
Tips on how to make corn cheese
- Collect your elements. Drain your corn, soften the butter, measure out the mayo and sugar.
- Stir all the pieces collectively. In a bowl, combine all the pieces collectively then style and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake. High with some additional cheese and bake till bubbly and golden.
- Take pleasure in!
Corn cheese elements
- Corn – I like to make use of canned corn. It’s tremendous candy and it’s what they use in eating places. You may as well use contemporary or frozen corn, extra on that beneath.
- Butter – Butter and corn simply go collectively.
- Mayo – The very best mayo to make use of is Kewpie mayo, it has a lot taste and deliciousness.
- Sugar – A bit little bit of sugar highlights the candy and savory mixture of corn and cheese.
- Cheese – Melty mozzarella is the perfect cheese to make use of however you should utilize any melty cheese, it’ll simply change the flavour. Mozzarella is sweet as a result of it’s tremendous gentle and highlights the flavour of the corn.
Tips on how to eat
That is normally served as a facet dish or appetizer or alongside alcohol. If you happen to’re doing an entire Korean BBQ get together, you possibly can serve it together with all the opposite banchan. Or, serve it by itself with some ice chilly beer or soju as the perfect ingesting snack.
What sort of corn
Often they use canned corn in Korea, however you should utilize contemporary corn too. If you happen to’re utilizing contemporary in season corn, merely minimize it off the cob and sauté it for a bit longer within the butter. You may as well use frozen corn as properly.
What sort of cheese
Mozzarella is the meltiest, stretchiest cheese and is what’s normally used however you possibly can go for any melty cheese: colby, harvarti, swiss, fontina, monterey jack, provolone, American. Think about corn cheese with melty cheese sizzling from the oven after which burrata torn on high?! The creaminess!
That is normally a fairly easy dish, however the fantastic thing about it’s that you would be able to add in so many issues! Strive:
I hope you may have some quickly. It’s actually comforting and can make you are feeling cozy and good inside!
a gloriously golden, tacky, sizzling, and scrumptious mess of candy corn and cheese.
- 15 oz corn drained properly, 1 can
- 1/4 cup mayo Kewpie most well-liked
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
Quantity Per Serving
Energy from Fats 80
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 2.9g18%
Ldl cholesterol 13mg4%
* % Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.