This BLT pasta salad recipe is a enjoyable twist on the traditional sandwich. Full of recent veggies and avocado, it is a flavorful aspect dish or gentle lunch.
BLT pasta salad! Okay, extra like TAT pasta salad, however this recipe has some critical BLT flavors occurring, so we’re sticking with that. As you may need guessed, there’s no precise bacon right here, simply my trusty tempeh bacon plus sun-dried tomatoes for an additional savory kick.
This BLT pasta salad recipe could be an amazing dish to go at a Labor Day gathering this weekend, however it’s additionally hearty sufficient to be a vegetarian principal dish. Pack it up for a weekday lunch, or serve it for a light-weight dinner. Whichever means you choose, I believe you’re going to find it irresistible.
BLT Pasta Salad Recipe Substances
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this BLT pasta salad recipe:
- Pasta, after all! I believe farfalle (aka bow tie pasta) is so cute and enjoyable right here.
- Tempeh bacon – Cooked in a tamari and rice vinegar marinade, this vegan bacon has a smoky, savory taste that’s surprisingly near the actual factor.
- Cherry tomatoes – The “T!” Their candy taste and juicy texture are a welcome addition to the salad.
- Arugula – As an alternative of blending recent lettuce into this salad, I add a handful of arugula. I really like how the tender leaves fold across the pasta and different veggies.
- Solar-dried tomatoes – For chewy texture and umami taste.
- Cucumber – For crunch!
- Purple onion – It provides extra crunch and sharp, savory taste.
- Avocado – Who doesn’t love avocado with bacon, lettuce, and tomato? Its creamy texture is implausible with the crispy bacon and tender pasta.
- And the dressing – Produced from olive oil, pink wine vinegar, garlic, and dried herbs, it provides zingy taste to the salad and ties all of it collectively.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements under.
The best way to Make this BLT Pasta Salad
Step one to creating this BLT pasta salad recipe is making ready the tempeh bacon. You’ll lower the tempeh into skinny strips, steam it, marinate it, and bake it till it’s browned and crisp. (Discover the whole recipe right here!) As soon as it cools barely, use your arms to interrupt it into small items.
In the meantime, prepare dinner the pasta. Prepare dinner it in a big pot of salted boiling water till it’s simply previous al dente. As a result of this can be a chilly pasta salad recipe, you need to prepare dinner it lengthy sufficient in order that it’s nonetheless tender when it cools.
Whereas the pasta cools, make the dressing. Whisk collectively the dressing substances on the backside of a big bowl. Add the pasta and toss to coat. Then, add the tempeh bacon, sun-dried and cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and onion. Toss once more earlier than folding within the avocado and arugula.
Season to style, and serve!
BLT Pasta Salad Serving Solutions
This recipe is greatest proper after it’s made, when the bacon is crisp and the avocado is inexperienced and recent. That being mentioned, it nonetheless packs up properly for picnics, cookouts, and make-ahead lunches. Simply maintain off on including the avocado till proper earlier than you’re able to serve.
Because of the tempeh, pasta, and avocado, this salad is sweet and hearty, so it might probably simply go as a meal by itself. I additionally prefer to serve it as a aspect dish with traditional cookout fare like veggie burgers, black bean burgers, and BBQ sandwiches. Spherical out the meal with different summer time aspect dishes like fruit salad, grilled greens, or corn on the cob. Take pleasure in!
Extra Favourite Pasta Salads
Should you love this BLT pasta salad recipe, attempt one in all these pasta salads subsequent:
BLT Pasta Salad
Serves 4 to six
This BLT pasta salad recipe is a enjoyable twist on the traditional sandwich! Contemporary and flavorful, it is a scrumptious summer time aspect dish or gentle lunch.
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pink wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- Tempeh Bacon, damaged into small items
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup chopped solar dried tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced pink onion
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ cup recent arugula
Carry a big pot of salted water to a boil. Put together the pasta in accordance with the package deal instructions, or till barely previous al dente.
In the meantime, make the dressing. Within the backside of a big bowl, whisk collectively the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, parsley and salt. Add the pasta and toss. Add the tempeh bacon, tomatoes, solar dried tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and toss once more. Gently combine within the avocado and arugula. Season to style and serve.